Saturday, August 9, 2008

RIP Bernie Mac.

Sooo, where to begin?



This morning I was checking out Perez Hilton's blog, like I frquently do, just to see if anything of interest is mentioned. It has been confirmed by the man himself (Perez Hilton, duh!) that Bernie Mac died after being hospitalized for the past several days. RIP. If you, like my parents - who I might add have been disowned by me - have no idea who Bernie Mac is, I strongly suggest you do some reasearch!



On a more positive note, one of my favorite bands, Kings of Leon, have announced some important news
regarding their album, as well as annoucing some upcomming tourdates (none are in Australia though - how predictable!). The new album will be released September 23 in America and September 22 in the UK and I think albums are released the same date as the UK which means I'll be in Queensland when its released. Damn. Anyway, the first single will DEFINATLY be 'Sex on Fire' (I wasn't to sure about that, but its been comfirmed 100%) and will be released on the September 8 (UK - digitally) and September 15 (UK - physically).

Oh and for those who don't know (but I don't really know how you COULDN'T know), the albums called 'Only by the Night'. The tracklist for the album is as follows:
1. Closer
2. Crawl
3. Sex on Fire.
4. Use Somebody
5. Manhattan
6. Reverly
7. 17
8. Notion
9. I Want You
10. Be Somebody
11. Cold Desert



Finally, I'll say this - a really good point was made this morning. I was watching Video Hits (which I rarley watch) and they were interviewing Amandah and Timmy from Operator Please, talking about bands and whatnot. The topic of MGMT came up and both praised Andrew VanWyngarden's (my current luva) performance, his 'aurora' and his ability to be CCC, all without any effort ofcourse. Anyway, Amandah made a good point about how all the bands (MGMT and The Wombats were used as examples) that are doing really well in Europe, mainly the UK, are SUPER-SUPER-SUPER indie here in Australia. I wouldn't say MGMT are that indie anymore though. Since 'Electric Feel' graced our airwaves and television sets a month ago, it seems everyone suddenly loves them. Which isn't a bad thing at all. I just hope the 'muzzas' don't get into them, but if they do they'll only like 'Electric Feel' because as far as I'm concerned, the rest of the album isn't reallt 'muzza-friendly'.


No comments: