Monday, July 6, 2009

Run Of Bad Luck = Understatement?

I'm totally and utterly convinced that I've had the worst holidays and they are not even over yet. Firstly, the wonderful and talented (not to mention, my favorite singer) Michael Jackson dies. Now, my adorable pet rabbit has cancer and only has months to live, which I found out today.

For the past few weeks, my rabbit Miffy had a sore on her eye. However, it looked like just a speck of dirt, thus we were lead to assume it was bark from her digging in the backyard. Anyway, it got really bad and looked swollen and sore, so we booked her in for a Vet appointment at 4pm, after my day with Deb.

The good news first - Miffy, whom is 8 years old, is actually a male! When we bought her, we were told she was a female (hence the name) but she does very 'man' things (humping my dogs leg!) so we doubted that, obviously. He's also lived quite awhile for a rabbit.

The bad news - the 'lump/sore' is cancer. The cancer is actually eating away at his bottom eyelid, soon possibly spreading (which hasn;t occured yet). I don't know where it'd spread to, but I know deep down that it'll spread quickly because in the past few weeks, it's increased. Miffy can't be treated and if he survives until summer, will have to be put down due to the cancer attracting flies, which will cause them to lay eggs, creating a maggot infested mess.

When told the news, I got teary at the Vet and cried as soon as I got home.
I'm so worried.

This blog is totally incoherant.
Exuse it.

No comments: