Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Michael Jackson's Memorial.

So, as we are all aware, Michael Jackson's memorial was held on the 7th of July (well, actually the 8th of July for Australia). Due to the time difference between countries, I stayed up all night so I could watch it broadcasted live at 3am, EST. All I can say was it was definatly worth it.

The entire memorial was done so respectfully and nice, yet I started crying as soon as I saw the hearse transporting the coffin to the Staples Centre (yes - even before the memorial actually started). It was so moving and emotional, the entire memorial was amazing. I'm not kidding when I say I cried so much throughout the entire event. When I saw Michael's coffin, it immediatly made me realise that he was gone. Forever.

However, I think like most people, one of the most powerful parts of the memorial was Michael's daughter, Paris, giving a brief yet emotional speech.




This came to a surprise to myself and probably many others as I never imagined that I'd see Michael's children onstage, let alone one of them giving a speech. Paris' emotional words though made Michael seem equal to us and a very normal being. He wasn't just an icon who had many fans or an entertainer who sold millions of records. Michael, like many others, was simple a father. A father who adored and cared for his children. Prince Michael, Paris and Prince Michael II didn't lose The King of Pop nor did they lose an icon. They lost their father who raised and shaped them into the individuals they are today.

No comments: