Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson - The King of Pop has left the building.

Photobucket




Photobucket




It is offical - today is inevitably the worst day in the entertainment industry.
The passing of Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson, only four hours a part, is not only upsetting but very shocking. It's also quite sad that Fawcett's death has been overshadowed by the King of Pop, however, they were/are both icons in their own right and will be greatly missed.

Photobucket



I, like most individuals my age, grew up listening to Michael Jackson. I appreciated his music from a really young age and I recall trying to do the 'leaning stance' (I don't really know what the name of the dance move is) in the 'Smooth Criminal' music video. Obviously, I never achieved it nor came close to. Also, like 99.9% of the population, I've attempted the moonwalk many times but was never successful.

Upon hearing of Michael Jackson's death, I was shocked and refused to believe it was true. My mum woke me up very early, informing me that Michael had been rushed to hospital after suffering a heart attack. Immediatly I thought it wasn't true, mainly because a few weeks prior there had been rumours of Michael suffering from skin cancer, which turned out to be false. Then, not even 5 minutes later, my dad shouts 'HE DIED, MICHAEL JACKSON DIED!' I was in disbelief (at this time it had not been confirmed) and was unable to sleep (it was about 7:00am), thinking of the worst case senario. Once it was confirmed to be true, I was in shock. Deep shock. I felt this strange, sick feeling and felt like I was in a dream. It's an awful, sad feeling when someone you grew up with, regardless of whether you know them or not, dies. I spent the entire day listening to Michael Jackson and Jackson 5 music, watching the news and crying. Michael seemed immortal, un able to die and it doesn't seem real, even now.


Photobucket



However, it angers me that certain people whom have made it very clear that they dislike Michael and constantly made unkind comments are now 'mourning' his death. Furthermore, some people really have no morals or any form of respect and post comments ('jokes') like this on the internet.

I guess the question remains - who is to blame for the death of the King of Pop?
I feel that in a sense, the promoters for his upcomming tour are partly to blame. Not only did they book 50 shows in London, they also did it without his permission. Michael was a perfectionist, thus he'd work himself so hard in order to perfect every dance move and piece of cheography. Obviously, this causes stress. Howbeit, I guess for now we can't exactly point the finger at anyone until there is evidence/facts.

Not only has Elvis, the King of Rock n Roll, left the building; so has Michael Jackson, the King of Pop.

No comments: