Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ugly = Beauty?

On Tuesday I got my results for my Romeo and Juliet SAC. I got 21/25, which is about 84% I think. I'm pretty happy about the results, considering the fact I thought I would fail miserably.
Today I ended up on the floor about two or three times, thanks to lil Stacey. I 'broke' my tailbone but nevertheless, it was pretty amusing.

So, I've been looking around at 'newbie' models (or models I just haven't heard of yet) and discoverd that most of them are, well, ugly. Yes, the whole 'alien' look is supposedly in, with models who have small heads, eyes that don't look in proportion with their faces, etc.
Examples are Lisa Cant, Heather Marks, Vlada Roslyakova, Jacquetta Wheeler , Querelle and how can I forget....


Masha Tyelna.

Famous for her 'bug-eyed' look. There's something about her that I find uneasy. Plus, she annoys the shit out of me to say the least!
However, there are some fairly goodlooking models around, which have their fair share of 'uniqueness' without being overly unappealing. Miranda Kerr, Kate Moss, Jessica Stam, Gemma Ward (okay, she's not attractive but I can understand how and why she gets work. 'Artfully ugly') and Lily Aldridge.

Lily Aldridge, Jessica Stam, ? , ?
Oh ans to clear things up - no, I'm not jealous. Haha, no way!




1 comment:

Phil said...

Love those bare legs....